Viltrox vs Fuji 23mm F1.4

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OrigamiCactus Forum Member • Posts: 72
Viltrox vs Fuji 23mm F1.4

So recently i got a Fuji X-Pro2 kit with the 23mm, with the full intent to sell the 23mm to cover the costs, as i already have the 23mm Viltrox, which has very good reviews and has produced me some great images.

But now im torn.

On the logical side, i could sell the fuji one for 2x the cash, which would come in handy.

On the emotional side, the Fuji 23mm F1.4 + xpro is a legendary combo, and it feels more "magical".

The better autofocus of the viltrox plays no part in this equation, because on the x-pro2, they both hunt slightly, so they are both as speedy, one is not faster.

While i like the aperture ring of the viltrox more, and the more streamlined design, they both block the same amount of OVF, so no clear winner here.

So in conclusion, is there any reason for me to choose the newer Viltrox over the ancient but legend fuji one? I really want to stay with fuji, after seeing the photos the previous owner made with the lens+camera combo.

Bonus question, Fuji 23mm F2?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow