Lens cap covers

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Worldtrekphotography New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Lens cap covers

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

Be aware that Tupperware (plastic) container covers have been pressed into service as lens caps/covers.

I assume you're talking about lens 'caps' like the one for the Nikon 14-24? I'm wondering why you like them? In the field I find the 14-24 cap to be a real pain - you can't just stick a cap like that in your pants pocket when you need to use the lens.

Yes I am. I like them because I do a lot of back country camping and mountaineering. When I'm buswhacking up to waterfalls and have my camera on my hip (black rapid) it gets knocked and the caps themselves sometimes fall off randomly or if I set the camera down.

It just seems a bit harder and more durable, especially if I'm knocking the end of the barrel now and again.

Not sure if that makes sense.

-- hide signature --

Take care,
-S
(Dont judge me, but in my youth, in the forums here, I was formerly studmuffin1805, thank you AOL IM)

Worldtrekphotography's gear list:Worldtrekphotography's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow