Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mr_Win Senior Member • Posts: 1,256
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

TN Args wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

and it is starting to cost Sony. C'mon Sony, fix this.

Just as a matter of interest, do you currently have a Camranger2 on your Sony? Been using it for years, I suppose? How’s it going?

Or, are you sitting on the sidelines, doing whiteboard exercises?

Let’s face it: focus bracketing is a tripod exercise, so popping a Camranger2 on the hot shoe is a relatively trivial matter in the scheme of the focus bracketing exercise, and anyone who really cares about this and really uses the feature will already have been using one for years.

And those people probably don’t care that much about it, any more than they care about built in flash.

I sort of agree, if this is a big deal, then you've solved the issue or moved elsewhere.

At the same time, sony will respond to social influencers like DPreview.

look how fast they fixed the IBIS issue on the A1, because a guy made a youtube video that went viral.

new menu system was no accident

timelapse was due to a lot of social pushback.  A lot of these changes are relatively easy software fixes, that even my junior developers can easily code.  Heck, updating the documentation would be a bigger task.

Sony needs to get serious about software, and it does not need to be silicon valley type of serious, maybe panasonic level of seriousness.

one of the bigger projects sony did was the FTP stuff, that took a lot of work from my perspective and they gave pro's a working system, it's time they start getting into refinement and up the user experience.

Apple was not the first to invent the smart phone, but they destroyed competition with impeccable user experience.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow