How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Toronto Photography
Toronto Photography Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

photonut2008 wrote:

contadorfan wrote:

If I ask friends & family to look at my pictures, they say nice things too. They are kind & polite people.

Glad to hear it. I strive for a bit more than a polite "that's nice," and the most effusive responses come from those I know least. My son and girlfriend are actually tougher critics and I didn't even consider them in the equation.

Funny thing is that the place I see the most indifference or damning with slight praise is here, which to me says more about this place than it does about the quality or lack thereof of my photographs. Thus, my signature.

I actually know whats wrong with my photos most o the time not in focus, etc I am not sure  general critique would be all that useful except with respect to what people like in composition and subject.  I suppose would a photo be better in black and white or not for example. But lots of mistakes are unavoidable in that you tried to get the key moment but missed it.

Toronto Photography's gear list:Toronto Photography's gear list
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow