How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
photonut2008
photonut2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,349
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Flowchart wrote:

If you really want appreciation - and no I am not talking about likes or upvotes on social media you could try shooting local events, companies or even local historical buildings / sites, people who are interested in these things are usually highly appreciative of the documentation.
I've told about this before on this site but here goes again, I often walk around with my camera and whenever I met someone walking their dogs I began asking if I could take a couple of photos of them. It immediately became evident how much they love their pets and I always made sure to have a chat with the owners; even the most grumpy owner lit up when talking about their dogs -

the result was somewhat overwhelming with the PMs and tagging on social media, so much that I got bored - but it also gave me local recognition and non-canine related offers. This was a couple of years ago and I am currently thinking of an exhibition or a book as many of these dogs have passed away but the still mean a lot to their owners.
People with a deep interest in cars/bikes is another passionate group, as ar store owners.

Bottom line, shoot peoples passions.

+1

I won't hijack you thread but here are some photos to illustrate what I did.

Sweet.

-- hide signature --

DPR, where gear is king and photography merely a jester

photonut2008's gear list:photonut2008's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow