EM1.1 Rear Dial Issue --- not again

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CR1975 Forum Member • Posts: 82
EM1.1 Rear Dial Issue --- not again

Hi all

just wanted to get some psp on this one as i know a LOT of you have experienced it.

Problem:  intermittent rear dial responsiveness.  It is not to the point that it does not respond at all.  It can take a few turns of the thumb sometimes, and others, it is just a slight turn.

I wanted to see what everyone's experience has been in terms of resolution.  Obviously my EM1 is out of Warranty and I am cringing at sending it back to OMDS for repair.  Likely will cost half of what the camera is worth.

However, whichever way I land, i am going to have to deal with it, else it goes for sale well below what it is worth.   I have since upgraded to a EM5.3 and want to see the EM1.1 go to a nice home for use but also with Eyes wide open should it end up going as is.

I have heard all sorts of tips and tricks from different threads but would like to get some perspective from y'all on here.   I am also bracing myself as I know that this was a painful topic for many.

thanks!

-Cornell

-- hide signature --

===
Shooting an Olympus in Vancouver, BC!

CR1975's gear list:CR1975's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow