Sensor Cleaning - a grump.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
peterpainter Contributing Member • Posts: 731
Sensor Cleaning - a grump.

I haven't cleaned the sensor on the K50 for some years, but noticed some really impressive dust bunnies so took the plunge.  Last few times one or two wipes  with the swab was enough, but not this time.

Loads of bunnies, and the first few passes left streaks, bo doubt squashed bunnies, which wouldn't come off so 'wet-cleaning' was done.  After that the streaks were gone, no bunnies, but a little black mark which I thought 'dust removal' would get rid of; I was right, it did, and added two new bunnies!  Unexpected, tried dust removal again, still two bunnies so another swab.

One way or another I got through 6 or 7 swabs.

Moral of the story I guess is don't take macros at small apertures, go for nice shallow depth of field - no wonder the latter is so popular these days.

-- hide signature --

regards,
Pete

peterpainter's gear list:peterpainter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Pentax K-50 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +4 more
Pentax K-50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow