Used to Portrait photography and want to enter in the birdwatching world

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tofynation New Member • Posts: 1
Used to Portrait photography and want to enter in the birdwatching world

Hello you all,

my first time here, hope I am doing it the right way.

A bit of context, I have loved portrait photography for years - used both DSLR and analogic cameras for that, mostly 50 f 1.4/2.8 lenses, and have had many cameras and lenses.

For the last 3-4 years I kind of lost interest in photography and now I am back - and with only an old canon a-1 analogic for now.

I am looking for a mirrorless camera that I could have lenses for both portraits but also to become - who knows - a beginner bird photographer.

I would prefer not to spend a lot on the camera so I can have 2-4 lenses for different scenarios.

Was looking at some:

- The M50 looked good for a beginner, and would also have the possibility of choosing between many lenses. But the battery life and quality seem to be not the best.

- The TX-3 also looks good, but a bit more expensive and especially expensive if I want to go deep into birdwatching as they don't offer many macros.

- Also saw some of the sony ones, but wonder about their cost + cost of lenses. Seems a bit too much just for a hobbyist.

Would love any feedback/tips on a camera + lenses that would make sense for my use case without cost a fortune.

Hope this is enough info.

Thanks a lot

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow