Which older Fujifilm X-mount cameras are still "acceptable" today?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cankoklu New Member • Posts: 9
Which older Fujifilm X-mount cameras are still "acceptable" today?

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Fujifilm X-S10 (I moved from Sony a6000 so don't have any complaints about the PSAM).

I want to buy an older model (that can use x-mount lenses) for my 6 year old kid so we can go out on photo walks together. Also considering getting one for my wife so we can turn it into a full family affair.

I need recommendations for each of these and would appreciate any help (I've been following Sony developments for 6+ years now but don't know much about the Fuji ecosystem).

For the kid  camera, I don't need much, no need for wi-fi/bluetooth or even a viewfinder.. Just something that works and works relatively fast.

For my wife, I think style can be a seller.. I've seen some tan colored models that I'm sure she'd appreciate. But other than that, wi-fi would be a must, and the film profiles would be welcome too.

Both devices must have full auto modes though and should be interchangeable lens models.

I know on paper, almost all devices would cover this.. But it's hard/impossible to judge the responsiveness and usability.  Hence, my ask for recommendations. (For example I got my daughter a Sony Nex-3 only to realize how slow it was at taking photos and how horrific the menu system was).

Many thanks in advance!

Fujifilm X-S10 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow