Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
And-roid
And-roid Senior Member • Posts: 1,493
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Mike Fewster wrote:

And-roid wrote:

Tristimulus wrote:

joger wrote:

AlephNull wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

and it is starting to cost Sony. C'mon Sony, fix this.

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/2129552850/dpreview-tv-nikon-z7-ii-versus-sony-a7r-iv-for-landscapes

Yeah, all seven people who care about focus bracketing are seething! OK, that's an exaggeration: five of them are seething, one is cross, and one is just a bit peeved.

</teasing>

There have been a few strident voices on this subject, but is it really used all that commonly? Or is it something that only a few people want, and they have been triggering each other to talk about it?

I'm not opposed to it being a feature of the camera (unless it drastically increases the price!), but I honestly don't care if it ever appears. And I suspect the vast majority feel the same way: indifferent.

That’s it in a nutshell

And in that nutshell (the article is about landscape photography and focus bracketing).

Guess the landscape photographer who do not get the landscape in proper focus with all the tools Sony offer for auto focus and manual focus, must be a terribly lousy photographer. The landscape does not even move.

So focus bracketing (and no stacking as I am told in this thread) - for whom and for what?

All focus bracketing does (in-camera) is simplify the process, it has a lot to do with the ability of the photographer ie the more skilled photographer will be inclined to use it!

Sorry, but you're wrong again. It doesn't just simplify the process, it speeds it up very considerably. This is not the same thing. In focus bracketing the time between the first and last exposure in the stack is critical. the longer it takes to do this, the more chance of movement of something within the picture. Decent bracketing software can complete that sequence very fast. With Sony's ability to fast focus, their focus bracketing ought to be the best around and this should be a major plus for Sony.

I'm beginning to think that you are discussing something of which you have little knowledge. I note your lack of response in the discussion re your previous statements about Camranger.

Sorry, but if your responding to me you need to re-think your comments?

I have as much experience as the next person with in-camera stacking, as an exFuji and m43 user this stuff has been simplified in-camera to the point of childs play.

If something is simplified then generally its quicker too! As an owner of the A1 would I like to see a focus bracketing option that uses the power of it, absolutely!

And-roid's gear list:And-roid's gear list
Sony a1 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 FE +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow