A single lens for hiking - which one to buy

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ofir B New Member • Posts: 24
A single lens for hiking - which one to buy

In continue to doubts regarding which lens to take for a long hike (14mm f2.8 vs 23 f2):

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65249760

I've taken both lens and used BOTH so thanks for your recommendations.

The problem is that many times I've found myself avoiding from replacing lens because my hands were busy in holding ropes / rocks / hiking sticks / GoPro so I had to "compromise" with the less desired lens.

The second issue was with my 14mm which is not WR. I hold my camera using the Peak Design capture clip so my camera has no protection from sun / humid / rains.

During my latest hike I experienced a few hours of showers and was always in fear on my 14mm lens.

I'm thinking on purchasing a new lens for my hikes and struggling to decide which path to take:

1. The first option is to go with the new 10-24 WR which covers my both lenses and more. the cons are its size and maybe some (minor) compromising on image quality / sharpness comparing to prime lenses

2. Buy a WR prime lens which somewhere in the middle of my both lenses - something like the new 18mm f1.4 WR which seems superior but the cons here that it less flexible in terms of range

What do you think? Any advise?

Anyone here uses the 10-24 with the the Peak Design capture clip and can share how it works together?

Thanks

Ofir B's gear list:Ofir B's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow