*** CIC 220: Summertime ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim B (MSP) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,060
Re: Speaking of Paul...a Thank You to Him, Jim, Dave, Alistair etc

Traveller wrote:

....I know I haven't been pulling my weight around here lately....busy, busy the world is falling apart...(and I must like hearing that I am needed to help people out...so I do).

But last week a commercial sort of project naturally fell into my hands, wearing several hats as it were, and the photography was fun....but there was a slight shadow between items on the matte white board...and a certain reddish cast as is my wont when shooting in natural light...the work was good enough and even cleaned up pretty well in PS...but on my right shoulder sat Paul sadly shaking his head, and on my left was Jim saying do better, shoot it again....I did with some distant bounce flash and the color cast and shadow are entirely gone.

On the black matte, the holographic silver seals would not take flash at all! No how, never....but here judgement comes into play....it looks very nice with depth and like a hologram shot with my slow shutter and sniper steady hand...

So the project is done or getting done...and you guys were with me...just like real life.

Thank you.

Best Wishes, Traveller

PS Edit: Sorry, I can't post it...you know,

Wow. Still working.

And I am not surprised that your slow shutter speed worked well. You are the master at that.

I will just be happier when you finally upgrade to this year's software. The latest and greatest will both speed you up and give you more retouch capability. With your ongoing lawyer work and this occasional photo work, I am sue you can afford it.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"It's all about the light"

Jim B (MSP)'s gear list:Jim B (MSP)'s gear list
Canon EOS 90D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow