My first Expo for local photoclub - need opinions

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Quarkcharmed
Quarkcharmed Senior Member • Posts: 1,534
Re: My first Expo for local photoclub - need opinions

MVDH wrote:

Hi all,
Last year I joined a local photography club, to learn and improve my photography. Next Month I will join an exposition of the photo club, and it will be my first time joining an exposition.

Theme of the Expo is " Water ", and everyone is supposed to print 3 pictures and frame them in 40x50 cm frames. I will print mine in 40x30 cm format and add a white or grey background.

I have selected 4 pictures from the Abiskojahkka river in Northern Sweden. The river cuts through the colourful Abisko canyon. It is such a nice place, these images are very dear to me.

I´m undecided between between 2 pictures, so would appreciate to hear your opinion on which set you like the most. The first set, or the second.

If you have any other comments I would really appreciate your constructive feedback.

The second set looks nicer to me. The first image in the first set is too cluttered and chaotic, compared to others.

In the second set, the third image has a very bright distracting blob in the bottom left corer, I'd darken it by a couple of stops.

Quarkcharmed's gear list:Quarkcharmed's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow