PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PentUp Senior Member • Posts: 2,545
Re: "Suitability" Is Too Vague

MyReality wrote:

"Why issuing a pre-assessment and says that this camera is only suitable for the Pentaxians and not suitable for others!!"

It may be "suitable" to others, if they can tear themselves away from what the have now.

In my case, I can have the Canon 90D for $1400.

The 90D is a great camera and great for BIF if that is what people are interested in (despite the mirrorless crowd insisting that DSLR's can't match the AF of MILCs for BIF... and that's enough acronyms for one sentence!) There is an Aussie guy from Queensland (MuzzaAus) who posts a lot in the Nature and Wildlife Photography forum who's BIF images with a 90D (sometimes an 80D) and Canon 100-400 are absolutely superb!

I seriously considered the 90D back when in the gloom of not knowing if the K3iii would ever arrive. However, the cost of switching to Canon and replacing all my equivalent lenses in EF mount dwarfed the cost of eventually buying a K3iii in the mount that all my lenses carry.

But I do look at MuzzaAus' photos with envy, of course also with the knowledge that he's a far better photographer than I am anyway!

PentUp's gear list:PentUp's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-50 Pentax K-3 Mark III +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow