Pixel 3 Still Doing it For Me

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Brev00
Brev00 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,130
Pixel 3 Still Doing it For Me

Here are a few relatively recent snaps. Some were processed completely in camera, some adjusted in Photos, and one, the Philly street shot, was sent through Elements (contrast work in NIk Color Efex) and On1 (just for a touch of perspective distortion correction). It was converted in the Pixel camera app. I often hear that camera phone pics are only good for sharing on social media. According to this point of view, they can't stand up to close inspection or being printed beyond 4x6. I printed the yoga paddle board pic 13x19 (the largest I can do on my printer) and it looks great. Could go larger. I just printed the restaurant pic letter size on metallic paper. Very happy with it. Don't get me wrong. Sometimes it lets me down and in those instances one of my dedicated cameras would have done a better job. But, I am happy to always have it by my side.

The phone still works well at 2 years of age. The battery has been inadequate from Day 1 so the poor performance is a function of design not age. The screen is starting to show some burn in of the Chrome icon. I am thinking of upgrading it when the Pixel 6 is released, probably in the fall. I like the small form factor. It fits easily in my pockets and the palm of my hand. Quite a difference from the Z Force I had been using with the assortment of extra modules. The Z Force with the camera module did a far better job with its optical zoom than the Pixel does with its digital zoom. Unless one likes watercolors. Hopefully, the 6 will have some telephoto power.

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow