Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 8,455
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

AlephNull wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

and it is starting to cost Sony. C'mon Sony, fix this.

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/2129552850/dpreview-tv-nikon-z7-ii-versus-sony-a7r-iv-for-landscapes

Yeah, all seven people who care about focus bracketing are seething! OK, that's an exaggeration: five of them are seething, one is cross, and one is just a bit peeved.

</teasing>

There have been a few strident voices on this subject, but is it really used all that commonly? Or is it something that only a few people want, and they have been triggering each other to talk about it?

I'm not opposed to it being a feature of the camera (unless it drastically increases the price!), but I honestly don't care if it ever appears. And I suspect the vast majority feel the same way: indifferent.

I think you are partly correct. You are right, I didn't buy into Sony for the focus stacking but it is a feature I'd use for product photography and for landscape. Not all the time but often enough. Macro in the field is becoming of increasing interest to me and here focus stacking is essential. If I want to go down this road I need another camera and that irks me. It really should cost Sony almost nothing to add this via firmware.

I think you are incorrect in that for the many people who really want focus bracketing. they have already chosen other brands. Therefore the responses here are skewed and don't reflect the overall demand for this feature. As I said in my opening post, the lack of this feature is costing Sony sales.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow