Re: Recent M6 Mark II shutter shock study / M50 upgrade path rant

R2D2 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

R2D2 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

R2D2 wrote:

nnowak wrote:

Nigge wrote:

I can’t understand why they still hasn’t fixed this serious issue in m62 by new FW.

You are assuming that it can be fixed with firmware. There is a good chance it is actually a hardware limitation.

I think EFCS could be implemented in firmware.

As I said, it totally depends on the possible hardware limitations. EFCS requires the first curtain to be locked open and then only the second current travels independently across the frame. With mechanical and fully electronic shutter, both first and second curtains are working together.

Obviously the first curtain can be locked open and controlled independently of the second curtain. It’s what gives us “live view” and electronic shutter. And indeed there are two separate controllers and motors that wind and operate the two curtains independently.

I have no doubt that Canon could implement EFCS via firmware. They just don’t want to!

Have you verified that there are two independent actuators/motors on the M6 II shutter?

Of course. That's why I posted the info for people..

Posted where?  Unless I missed something in this thread, all I have seen are your statements believing it can be fixed with firmware.

There have been tear-downs of the M6ii available since its release. An interesting note is that the M6ii's 2nd curtain motor is substantially larger than the first curtain!

Links?

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow