Capture One - latest update

Started Jul 19, 2021 | Discussions thread
jfriend00 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,273
Re: Capture One - latest update

Zeee wrote:

Well I have a choice to un-subscribe which I would do in a heart beat if Adobe ever ticks me off.

And, if you do un-subscribe, then you can no longer modify the edits in your existing library.  You'd have to either start over from the RAW in a new editor or export a JPEG/TIFF to open in a new editor.  This is one of the challenges with parametric RAW editing as the parametric adjustments are not directly transferrable to another editor without rendering them to JPEG/TIFF first (they are mostly proprietary).

That may or may not bother you, but it definitely bothers me which is why I prefer perpetual licenses so I can keep using the software I have (for at least my existing edits) as long as it still runs, even if the company goes in a direction I don't like or raises prices or whatever.

-- hide signature --

John

jfriend00's gear list:jfriend00's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow