Correcting for overexposure of Ektachrome in Photoshop?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben Klesc New Member • Posts: 4
Correcting for overexposure of Ektachrome in Photoshop?

You've probably heard this before. I went into direct sunlight and did not use a light meter. I got lazy and decided to go on a shoot and judge by guesswork.

A day ago from making this post I shot Ektachrome about one stop overexposed from where I should have been. I did not take Sunny 16 into consideration which states F16 @ 1/125, but I ended up shooting at 1/250 @ F8 and other half of my rolls at F11.

*Should have shot at 1/250 @F11. So need to go from F8 to F11.

My question would be, is it better to push in a lab or make corrections in software? I understand that pushing and pulling can make color slides grainy and more contrasty. I wonder if it would almost be better to develop normally, and then make color and contrast corrections in Photoshop or Lightroom. I only care about drawing out the resolutions during my scans and not necessarily accurate color and contrast. I don't want grainy photos that look like expired film.

It really is pretty incredible what you can do in software now. These are important shots that I would love to save if possible.

What would you recommendations be to correct color slide film which is overexposed by one stop? Next time I am using negatives for street photography. Negatives seem a much better choice for uncontrolled and unpredictable positions.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow