Screen flickering on obtaining AF with Leica SL (typ 601)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP ChloeScan Regular Member • Posts: 110
Re: Screen flickering on obtaining AF with Leica SL (typ 601)

Eric Borgstrm wrote:

If you google contrast focus you can find plenty: "Contrast detection AF works by analyzing pixels on the camera's sensor. It works on the basis that the subject is in focus when contrast is highest. To find that point it has to push the focusing point of the lens back and forth. As a result contrast detection AF is slower than phase detection AF." You can also find videos.

I don´t find flickering a problem having Leica, Panasonic and Sigman lenses on my SL and Panasonic S1R. Keep the Leica! Excellent camera.

/Eric

Eric, I appreciate your input. However this is nothing to do with the contrast focus. I’ve had many cameras that use contrast focus and this is the first issue I’ve had.
It is a very prominent flicker that comes across the EVF just as focus is acquired and the green square lights up. It is similar to when you watch a horror film like Poltergeist etc where there is a flicker running across a TV screen just before all hell breaks loose. It’s nothing to do with the contrast focus.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow