Dilemma about a7C lenses, can someone help me?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
supernico New Member • Posts: 14
Dilemma about a7C lenses, can someone help me?

Hi everybody,
I am a videographer, I work on field, usually in very rugged and critical ones. This a few years ago why I decided to use Sony mirrorless cameras. I was in need of a compact and light camera, this is why I gave up on the full frame model (a7) and I went for a6000 and the n with a6500.
In 2015 I think I had the first a6000 sold in my country, considering the time it was a quantum leap (even with a lot of issues). Since 2017 I am very happy with my a6500 (which has overcame all the issue of my previous a6000).
Anyways looking forward to my next production, I feel that I need to switch to full frame. Of course, the model for me would be a7C which has a full frame sensor in the body of an apsc camera.
Why I am writing to you all? When Sony announced its new compact full frame camera, it was told that a new series of compact lenses was going to hit the market in a few months.
Of course, you don't want to have a compact camera and lose all of its weight/versatily advantages because of an heavy bulky lens made for a7 II/III.
I have consulted with shops and I have read around on the internet but I can't find a specific line of lenses for a7C, I mean suggested for being used with that camera. To the extend of my knowledge, the only lens which came out specifically for a7c is Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 Lens (which is compact but it has a poor F...).
I would be very grateful for any suggestion about compact e-mount Lenses by Sony or other brands made with a7C in mind.
At the moment with my a6500 I have a prime Sony 50mm, a prime by Rokinon 18 mm (only manual), a Sony G-Serie 18-105 (very versatile but with many cons).
Thanks in advance for your help
N

Sony a7C
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow