Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Iliah Borg Forum Pro • Posts: 28,682
Re: Exposure vs Exposure

bobn2 wrote:

john isaacs wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Iliah Borg wrote:

john isaacs wrote:

He can talk about Lux all he wants. No one cares.

If no one cares, why would Kodak mention lux 70 times on 24 pages of their "Basic Photographic Sensitometry Workbook" brochure?

I think in this case, 'he can talk about Lux all he wants' is shorthand for 'I'm incapable of following the discussion and don't want to admit to it,' and the statement 'No one cares' should have been prefixed with the words 'I hope'.

His definition is useless.

Not very clever, all those people like Hurter and Driffield, ISO, Kodak, Fujifilm, Ilford, Agfa and all the manufacturers that used and designed their products around that definition of exposure.

Canon, Nikon, Olympus, and Sony are also listed among those responsible for ISO 12232 standard - "Digital still camerasDetermination of exposure index, ISO speed ratings, standard output sensitivity, and recommended exposure index" - https://www.iso.org/news/ref2375.html

Or the photographers like Adams that based their practice around it. Of course, it's to be expected, without the help of all those You Tube videos and Web explainers to put them right. I mean, what were they to do? They went to college and learned from people who actually know what they were talking about, and got their qualifications by satisfying examiners that they had learned it all properly. What a useless way of doing it. All that really matters is how many likes you get for your post. That tells you what's right and wrong.

And none of them had even heard of the 'Exposure Triangle', so really, how were they ever going to understand anything?

His insistence is futile.

Not quite as futile as someone who continues an argument in which their every contribution is yet another eloquent demonstration that they haven't a clue what they are talking about. It must be a lack of self-awareness.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow