Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 51,325
Re: Wedding Photographer and Raw

Aaron801 wrote:

tbcass wrote:

I want to add one more thing. Wedding photographers where I live get $2000-$4000 and, while their work is technically good, it's the same old stock poses I've been seeing for over 50 years. For that much money, I would expect something more, something original and artistic. What they do takes little in real talent. If they are going to give the same unoriginal work then the least they should do is give up the RAW files to the customer.

I don't know what average prices are, and I'm sure that this varies greatly according to the area, but I have seen wedding photography work that's a lot more thoughtful than what you're talking about. I've seen plenty of work that to my eyes is incredibly good, that few people are capable of, though however great the work it still might not be worth the sort of investment that this kind of work tends to cost. The best wedding photography that I've seen goes beyond well lit, perfectly color balanced shots that have sufficiently blurry non-distracting backgrounds to work that is able to make folks look really glamorous and isn't simply a collection of posed looking photos, but is has a documentary element that shows the event from many different perspectives... shows all different kinds of aspects.

Those talented ones are famous, charge huge fees, and are used by wealthy celebrities. I'm talking about the hundreds to thousands of wedding photographers used by us common folk.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow