A7 - ISO sometimes changing from AUTO ISO to 50 or AUTO ISO NR

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ohaya
ohaya Regular Member • Posts: 403
A7 - ISO sometimes changing from AUTO ISO to 50 or AUTO ISO NR

Hi

I am still kind of new to using a Sony A7, but I have set ISO to Auto ISO, but sometimes, for some unknown reason, when I am shooting, the ISO has changed to something else... usually to ISO 50, but a couple of times to AUTO ISO NR.

I'm assuming that there is some button or buttons that I must be pressing without knowing, but I was wondering if this is common, and what button (or set of buttons) might I be pressing to cause that to happen?

The A7's settings are mostly at the default (I just got this camera a little while ago), but I know about the Fn key that brings up the panel of settings at the bottom of the screen, but even with that, it seems like I'd have to inadverdently be pressing on at least 3 buttons (e.g., Fn, then if the cursor is on ISO, press the center button on the dial, and then up), but I don't think I am doing that, so is there a 1 button press that would cause the ISO to change to 50 or AUTO ISO NR?

Thanks,

Jim

EDIT: I just noticed that it looks like "ISO" is the right click on the dial, so I think that I may have somehow been clicking that inadverdently.  I am not 100% sure if this is what is causing the ISO setting to change, because I don't remember seeing the ISO screen popup when the "mystery change" happens.

ohaya's gear list:ohaya's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus E-M5 II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Canon EOS 90D
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow