Backpack suggestions

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP erikjanneman Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Backpack suggestions

Chris 222 wrote:

erikjanneman wrote:

Forum GAS wrote:

Maybe look at backpacks with a side access zipper. Then, you might be able to slip off one shoulder strap and access the side zipper opening without taking off the backpack completely. The ICU post by Chris has some options that might work with this set-up, if you want to go the ICU route. Another option is to clip the camera to a strap and carry the lenses in the water bottle pouches on the side.

Thanks that might be a good idea. My Deuter is a top loader. It does have a compartment at the bottom for a sleeping bag or something where I could fit an ICU, but there is now way to safely acces that without putting down the bag.

All good, common-sense options suggested above, and described in great detail in my May resource as well.

Indeed, there are options to "safely access that without putting down the bag" that come from the hiker's clever use of her/his existing equipment, or at the most purchasing something inexpensive like the Universal Keyhole if one needs quick and repeated chest-level access.

Outside of the DP40 and DV60 (see Article 2) and the CP44, there simply is no photo bag that has proper comfort and cooling and "standup access." Those awesome side pockets on the CP44 are actually large enough for a small to medium rig, so all you have to do is reach back and up and pull your cam out, just like a water bottle. If you'd like, post back the size of your basic Fuji rig and I'll tell you if it would fit.

But, the CP44 is super expensive now, and probably not even available, although being in Germany you might be able to find a used one.

Yes I saw this backpack: https://www.cosyspeed.com/collections/test/products/photohiker-44-photo-trekking-backpack. It is actually available for € 266 right now... But it seems a fairly similar solution to my deuter backpack.

erikjanneman's gear list:erikjanneman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow