FZ300 personal review

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edfrombama Junior Member • Posts: 31
FZ300 personal review

Good morning to all-

I use my cameras hard and in hard conditions. I shoot thousands of exposures yearly in my work- I'm an outdoor writer and photographer.  I have struggled through the years to find a system that would allow me the quickness, flexibility, and compact carry-size I wanted.  I struggled with interchangeable lenses and multiple bodies, and it was all a pain.

Then I got my first Panasonic FZ300. That was two- no three- cameras ago. Quite wide angle for close-up and pretty dadgummed long telephoto- all on one barrel. Very quick autofocus, and fast rapid exposure. No lugging around an array of lenses.  This is the best outdoor camera- fishing, boating, kayaking, hunting, whatever- that I've found. And on top of that, it's pretty water resistant. It will not take a full dunking bath and survive ( please don't ask me how I know this...), but a heavy rain is acceptable to it.

Is it perfect? Nope. the long racked out telephoto is not good at all.  Low light- sometimes makes for noisy exposures. And there are certainly specific-use lenses that produce sharper images.

But for my kind of publication shooting, this camera is very, very good. It lives in my truck- I almost never take it out so when I see something while driving that I need to shoot, I'm ready.

I can't give any report on video from this camera- I've never shot a single video frame- sorry.

Good day to all- Ed

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow