wanderlust fever

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dr_Love
Dr_Love Contributing Member • Posts: 931
wanderlust fever

I'm thinking of doing something a tad crazy. I am very limited in what I can do shooting landscapes where I live. Admittedly I have a self belief that I could do some really outstanding work with the right subject matter. I may be talking out of my you know what here but the only real way to find out the truth is to do something about it. The topic is landscape shooting destinations. I feel a need to go somewhere and give 100% to see what I'm made of. I'm looking for a destination that will offer an extreme level of variety so that I will have as close to unlimited choices as possible. The next requirement is that it can't be ridiculously expensive. I actually have a strong preference to camping for much of the time (backpacking, kayaking, car camping)  any type is fine. There is also the posibility of moving to the location permanently if the right conditions can be created.

Based on this criteria I've Kind of had a bug in my ear to research New Zealand. The variety there seems amazing. I have to look into the financials of living there. Airfare is not crazy if I go at the right time. I do not have a timeline in mind so I can take advantage of seasonal rates where possible. I'd really appreciate some opinions on this location. I could see myself getting a one way ticket there.

Would anyone have any other suggestions for locations? I have not really traveled in the past. The closest I've been to mountains is seeing them in the distance from a Las Vegas hotel room. I've done one 'tourist' trip to the Domincan Rep. That is pretty much it so I'm very much an open book. I don't want to go after the cliche shots we've all seen a million times. I need to make my own.

I would consider just about anywhere but I have a preference for places where I can speak english. Not a hard line, just a preference.

Dr_Love's gear list:Dr_Love's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow