Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 8,467
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

TN Args wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

and it is starting to cost Sony. C'mon Sony, fix this.

Just as a matter of interest, do you currently have a Camranger2 on your Sony? Been using it for years, I suppose? How’s it going?

Or, are you sitting on the sidelines, doing whiteboard exercises?

Let’s face it: focus bracketing is a tripod exercise, so popping a Camranger2 on the hot shoe is a relatively trivial matter in the scheme of the focus bracketing exercise, and anyone who really cares about this and really uses the feature will already have been using one for years.

And those people probably don’t care that much about it, any more than they care about built in flash.

Love your attitude and certainty.

"Just as a matter of interest, do you currently have a Camranger2 on your Sony? Been using it for years, I suppose? How’s it going?

Or, are you sitting on the sidelines, doing whiteboard exercises?

Let’s face it: focus bracketing is a tripod exercise..."

Well, it certainly is with the Camranger 2 and no, it doesn't have to be with good focus bracketing built into the camera. I think the Camranger2 has been discussed here before. You may have missed it. I looked at a Camranger 2 and did my usual homework. Try the discussion over at Fred Miranda on Sony users experience with the Camranger2. That's why I didn't bother.

Apart from that, what a clunky and expensive way to have to do something, and not do it very well, that should be built into a Sony as it now is to most other quality cameras.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow