Full Moon at 1000 mm (150-400 + 1.25 + 2.0)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
olyham Regular Member • Posts: 202
Re: Single image uncropped

I have taken close to as good as (crater detail on the edges) with the EM5 I/ EM1.1 and 75-300  F8 OOC jpeg without any stacking etc.

THis seems to be a sweet spot and purely based on CDAF, as I have tried with better kit (EM!.2 and EM1.3  300 F4 plus TC 1.4 ) and have never been able to improve I guess it just highlights how the vision of something as distant as the moon is subject more to the clarity of the sky than the refinement of the equipment.

IT would probably be interesting having a try with HHHR or HR and a tripod as I have used it to get sort of better resolution on objects 5-6 km away with the 300 F4.

It was some time ago when I accepted that gear was not the limitation in terms of photographs of the moon so I won't be putting up any old photographs of the moon to prove my point but I will still be watching out for something better, and may give HHHR a go some time and will report back on that.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow