A few more from home and the lake with 150-400 & DxO PureRaw

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarkDavo
MarkDavo Senior Member • Posts: 2,161
A few more from home and the lake with 150-400 & DxO PureRaw

We have an Aloe plant in the garden that produces a single flower stem.  All the nectar eaters flock and fight for possession.  This is a New Holland Honeyeater, one of about 10 that frequent our garden.  Thanks to WileEC's most constructive comments I've processed using DxO PureRaw before importing to Photoshop for cropping and minor sharpening.  Far fewer steps than my previous laborious workflow that, due entirely to my ignorance, produced a "crunchy" image.  I think these are an improvement and am interested in your critique.

That glare is enough to frighten off any small honeyeater.

Note the pollen around its eye.

The following were taken on the only clear morning this past week at a nearby lake.

A Splendid Fairy-wren triple header. Two non-breeding adult males and a juvenile.  Their usual habitat is the dense low shrubs adjoining the lake but the groups around the lake forage in the reeds.

Non-breeding adult male Splendid Fairy-wren. The reeds provide a very harmonious background.

Australian Reed Warbler showing its orange mouth.  These birds have done well from the advance of this introduced reed species which impinges on many lakes, covering some completely to the exclusion of many open water birds.  The local Parks & Wildlife and volunteer groups clear reeds from many lakes each autumn.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Mark
Wouldn't be dead for quids

MarkDavo's gear list:MarkDavo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow