Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
TN Args
TN Args Forum Pro • Posts: 10,135
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Platographer wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

and it is starting to cost Sony. C'mon Sony, fix this.

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/2129552850/dpreview-tv-nikon-z7-ii-versus-sony-a7r-iv-for-landscapes

I thought that was a good video, though I will stick with my A7Riv for now.

”For now”???? What are you suggesting? Surely you are not so gullible and pliable that you could be persuaded to change camera, and all that entails, on the basis of populist video channel airspace-filling chatter?

It would be so easy for Sony to make a landscape photographer's dream camera based on the A7Riv without much, if any, added production expense. Just change base ISO to 50, allow 16-bit raw files, add focus bracketing with a way to combine focus and exposure bracketing, allow screen to tilt in portrait format like the Panasonic S1, add a timer to bulb shutter mode, allow longer shutter speeds that act like hybrid bulb in that they can be cancelled with a press of the shutter before terminating at the set time, allow composite view in bulb mode or long shutter speeds, and create pixel shift raw file in-camera. I assume this dream camera would have the higher resolution LCD that is on the new A7Riv.

Oh, the never ending dreamer’s “if only someone made the combination of the best of all models and the weakness of none” plea. You know what? The one you’ve got is the never-ending best-of-the-best dream of millions of photographers for decades. Way beyond it, in fact.

Sony

or anyone

could absolutely dominate the full-frame landscape photography market with this common sense model. Unfortunately, I highly doubt they will.

Nor has anyone else so far. I wonder why?

Instead, I anticipate that the Sony A7Rv will include few, if any, of these firmware and cheap hardware changes. Instead, we'll get something like autofocus in -.1 seconds. It's so fast that it focuses in the past. Lol.

Yep, we’ll get expensive engineering development instead of Nikon’s engineer-deficient focus on whatever’s cheapest. Poor us.

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow