How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Eddie Rizk Senior Member • Posts: 1,094
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Toronto Photography wrote:

Bobthearch wrote:

Toronto Photography wrote:

Assuming they survive the solar flare incident, there is the historical legacy element as well. historians will be looking through these photos for centuries.

The images that have been hard-printed and published at least. And I hope some prints that I've sold and given away are well-liked enough for people to keep them around a while.

But social media and other online-only images are fleeting.

More so than you can imagine, with a reasonable amount of time all hard drives in private hands will be erased via an event like the 1859 Carrington Event - which was the first time we noticed the effects as a species since its the first time we had primitive electronics to be destroyed/erased. The USA among other nations is currently on a twenty year race to shield critical data from eraser (money, medical and science archives etc)

Most Cloud companies have no such defences as there considered a waste of money.

Imagine all hard drives but the military being erased overnight and the chaos and loss of data that entails.

In some future shielding will probably be standard.

That will be an interesting event to live through.  Us older guys, who know how to do things in an analogue environment will be in high demand.

-- hide signature --

That's my opinion, and it's worth what you paid for it.
Eddie Rizk
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Formerly "Ed Rizk"
My email was hacked and unrecoverable along with all associated accounts, so I got permission to create a new one.

Eddie Rizk's gear list:Eddie Rizk's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow