Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
BertIverson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,206
Aaron -- Re: I'm not a wedding photographer but...

Aaron801 wrote:

... I wound't think that this is standard practice. I might shoot such a thing RAW and do editing (that's the way that I like to work) but I consider my edited versions of the photos to be the "product" that I've been hired to produce. I would probably have a contract that stipulate this and not even mention anything about RAW, but if a client really wants that stuff then I would renegotiate and change extra for that...

If I were getting married in this age, I would not expect the photographer's RAW images but I would want digital JPG copies with at least UHD quality (or 2160 px height for portrait framing) since I am not interested in paper prints and view my photos on UHD screens (ie 8MP). I would agree to a modest increase in price for these JPG vs paper prints (but not very much more)

PS: my wedding photos, taken in 1961 are B&W and 8x10, are in a bound album somewhere in a closet. I scanned them in the late 1990's at 200 PPI and only look at them on a UHD TV / Monitor.

my 0.02

Times do change and we are definitely in the age of digital photography.

Bert

BertIverson's gear list:BertIverson's gear list
Sony RX10 IV +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow