Where can I get a GENUINE B&W digital camera that's NOT from Leica?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben321 New Member • Posts: 19
Where can I get a GENUINE B&W digital camera that's NOT from Leica?

I was looking for a genuine black and white digital camera and I know about the Leica M camera, but at $7000 it's well outside my budget. Let's just pretend for now that that camera doesn't even exist, because for someone on my budget it might as well not exist because I will certainly never be able to afford it.

So I'm looking at other options. Max Max makes conversions but that's not what I'm looking for, because there's always more risk of damaging it by modifying it, and I can never be 100% sure that the camera I'm using isn't damaged in some way, and might cease functioning at any moment. I can use a camera with a black and white mode, but all it does is average the RGB color channels together but by that still doesn't get a perfect B&W picture. You see, the bayer filters (which ALL color digital cameras have) have 2 negative effects, they both decrease spacial resolution (make the picture blurrier) and also decrease brightness (each pixel only absorbs one color of light, instead of all colors of light, increasing the needed duration of exposure for a given B&W picture compared to the exposure used to get that same B&W picture with a genuine B&W CCD or CMOS chip).

There is absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for a genuine B&W digital camera, that is MANUFACTURED as a B&W camera at the factory. So far, despite many hours and even days of Googling, I can only find one genuine B&W digital camera, and that is the Leica M. Fortunately I know Google goes by popularity of search hits, and NOT by whether or not the thing you are searching for actually exists. So I decided to dump the Google crap, and come here and ask for some genuine HUMAN help at finding what I am looking for. What I'm looking for is ANY digital camera that exists from ANY company that uses a genuine B&W CCD or CMOS image sensor. I just need a genuine B&W digital camera, that costs SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than what the Leica M costs.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow