Pandemic photography

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
hobbit mob
hobbit mob Regular Member • Posts: 383
Re: Pandemic photography

brucet wrote:

Simple question - Has the pandemic and lockdowns/restrictions helped or hindered your photography?

For me it's less use of the camera but more use of the software and editing I've done while at home. Maybe the silver lining, for me at least, is a better understanding of the editing software I have.

I do mostly real estate photography.  I do odds and ends portraits/headshots/events/etc and that all died off during covid, but real estate didn't ever really slow down.  At the very beginning, when we thought shutdown would only be a few weeks, I didn't have any work, but after that it returned to some semblance of 'normal' (most properties I shoot are empty, so there weren't concerns of transmission, if it was lived in, they vacated the property while I was there and I wore a mask).

So i'd say it didn't really change my photography much, but in the same vein, I took the extra home time to learn video and start offering that as a service, so overall the quarantine helped my business (I'd been putting off learning video for years, finally bit the bullet when quarantine started).

-- hide signature --

Accelerating Entropy

hobbit mob's gear list:hobbit mob's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow