PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
drummercam Senior Member • Posts: 1,937
Re: PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

Paul_R_H wrote:

drummercam wrote:

The public opinion has enough info already. Certainly, Pentaxian have seen enough "reviews" and enough of the camera itself to know the K-3III story. I'm not waiting with bated breath for DPR or anyone else to test anything I've not already done myself and gathered from others. Any reviews now are just going to spin what's already known

I don't agree with drummercam (whose contributions here I very much respect) ,. . .

Best wishes

Paul

Well, Paul I certainly do thank you for saying that.  Thanks very much.

My point about AF would be that Pentaxians knew in their hearts that K-3III wasn't going to cover the AF gap in K-3III, the first major attack on the AF citadel, in spite of the hype.  It may indeed be lamentable, while valid technology factors we don't know about might mitigate the lament.  But most Pentax users aren't here for the AF.  We know the shortfall.  For me, AF isn't the dealbreaker that it seems to be for some.  YMMV.

Smallish Pentax once again mass produced a really good camera.  I think very little undercuts that.  
-------------------
"Elegance of operation" -- Pentax
"Heavy for its size" -- DPR

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Leica Q Pentax K-01 Pentax Q7 Pentax K-3 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow