"Crop-ability" of images?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 69,811
Re: Why?

john isaacs wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

john isaacs wrote:

Well, I put up some links, and I'm perfectly happy with them.

For myself, I suggest that ISO and Kodak trumps 'Cambridge in Colour' and Adobe. Another bit from the Kodak Sensitometry workbook, in the glossary they give, for people that are unfamiliar with the terms:

From when ISO was not a parameter that could be set in-camera, but was set by the film type (and adjustable by alternative processing.

Yet when they started producing digital cameras:

"Setting ISO Speed

The ISO setting controls the camera's sensitivity to light. Use a lower ISO setting in brightly lit scenes; use a higher ISO setting for low-light scenes.

NOTE:ISO settings are available in Auto, Landscape, and Close-up modes (unless Long Time Exposure is set). Higher ISO speeds may create a picture that is "noisier" than a picture taken at lower ISO speeds."

The definition of exposure hasn't changed since digital became a thing. And ISO says that ISO isn't a component of exposure. If ISO isn't what ISO says it is, what is it?

Your continued arguing against the facts is pointless. It seems that you just can't bear to admit that you got it wrong.

-- hide signature --

Is it always wrong
for one to have the hots for
Comrade Kim Yo Jong?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow