Light meter on my Pentax KX always underexposed, why?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
karuzo1
karuzo1 Regular Member • Posts: 166
Light meter on my Pentax KX always underexposed, why?

Hi everyone.

I did research this a bit, but the behavior of the light meter seems weird. With battery check, it seems the batteries are charged. The meter seems to keep underexpose. I thought I’d give this a try, and replaced the batteries with working LR44’s. The funny thing if that the meter won’t work at all with these, placed back with the original batteries that came with th4 camera off an eBay purchase, and they are back to functioning. Still, under exposing with the meter. I have compared the adding with a light meter app, and mother camera, just to validate, and yes, it underexposing. I can  only assume it needs to be calibrated? Worth spending the money? I can live with separate light meter, but this defies the purpose for me.

Thanks.

karuzo1's gear list:karuzo1's gear list
Nikon D700 Minolta DiMAGE S414 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Nikon Coolpix S01 Nikon Coolpix P7800 +12 more
Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow