Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,107
Re: Wedding Photographer and Raw

tbcass wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

rainydiary wrote:

Hi all

Is it normal wedding photographer haven't give Raw files to their clients ?

Thank

If I were to do it, the fee would be enormous.

Why? As wedding costs go up people are more and more looking for lower fees from a wedding photographer. In this day and age, I think people care a lot less about professional photographs. If I was shopping for a wedding photographer I would insist that the RAW files be included at no extra cost or look elsewhere. It's a buyer's market.

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of wedding photographers don't agree to give up their RAW images. If this is indeed the case, then your choices for photographers  might be very limited. If it's between an experienced photographer who does really stunning work, who doesn't let go of his/her RAWs and a inexperienced photographer who does mediocre to poor work, which one will you choose?

-- hide signature --
 Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow