Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 51,891
Re: Vision

Shadowsurfer wrote:

When I did professional theatrical photography I delivered a product in the form of prints, that I decided or my client decided, were what was wanted. No way would I let the negatives out of my hands to let others print. The "performance" of the printing process is sometimes more important than the data on the negative.

With Raw it is no different. The Raw files are a base from which I work. I do not want anybody alse messing with the post processing of my Raw files, outputting images that are not consonant with my taste and vision.

I believe most wedding photographers consign a finished album of pictures, and/or a set of PP images on CD. This is the service you are paying for, not the idle act of tripping the shutter.

One of a kind negatives are different from RAW files of which exact copies can be made. You are looking at it from the point of view of the photographer who is driven by profit. I look at it from the point of view of the client/buyer who is trying to get the most for their money. It's always a tug of war but the old adage is "The customer is always right". Good customer relations are very important in business. The photographer could have the client sign an agreement that they are not allowed to copy, distribute or profit in any way off those RAW files.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow