Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Gato Amarillo Veteran Member • Posts: 7,953
Re: Wedding Photographer and Raw

Michael Firstlight wrote:

Gato Amarillo wrote:

rainydiary wrote:

Hi all

Is it normal wedding photographer haven't give Raw files to their clients ?

Thank

Definitely not normal, though some do it, Most wedding clients would have no idea how to process a RAW file -- they might not even have a way to view them.

It is somewhat more common, especially in the low price market, to give camera JPEGs, but most wedding photographers I know prefer to deliver finished photos -- either prints, books, or processed JPEGs for social media.

FWIW, I give RAW files or camera JPEGs only to clients I trust will know how to process them -- which is mostly other professionals in photography or graphics. But then I don't shoot weddings.

Gato

When I got married I specifically looked for a decent photographer that would give me the RAW files. It was a beach-front wedding and the reception was in the beach-front house - basically a 3-hour shoot. I did have to explain and convince the photographer that I was a former full-time pro with decades of high-end PS experience and was not interested unless I could have the RAW files - and found one. I would guess that is pretty rare and I was fortunate to have hit pay dirt. I did my own post-processing to my exact liking.

Mike

Sounds like some of the people I work with. I work with about three social media personalities who are very adept with Photoshop and know how to get the kind of look they want. They need a lot of photos from a session but are usually on a tight budget. I don't mind shooting a lot, but I don't enjoy sitting at the computer, even when it pays. So it works for all of us.

Gato

-- hide signature --

Personal pictures, kitty cats, road trips, and rural nostalgia:
https://www.instagram.com/j.r.sprawls/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow