D7500 or z50

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OpticsEngineer Veteran Member • Posts: 7,154
Re: Fuji

besides my z50 I also have a Fuji xs10 and Fuji xt2. I never got to liking my xt2 because I am just so settled in with PASM controls on cameras. The xs10 was made for people like me that really like Fuji colors but don’t like the XT style of controls. I got the xs10 first and paid full price. I got the z50 kind of on a whim since the price at KEH was so attractively low.

the Fuji lenses are very good. I don’t think there are any bad lenses in the whole line up. But they don’t have a super zoom like I like to use on family vacations. So I got a Fringer adaptor Canon EF to X and. Tamron EF 16-300 and used that a lot this summer on my first round of family vacations to national parks. That worked very nicely. Good AF. Next round of family vacations with Z50 and the FTZ adaptor and the Nikon 18-300 and that worked great as well. Between the two set ups i can’t really say I like one more than the other. But most every other lenses you might pursue Fuji just has better options. Except if you think you might just stick with the Nikon 16-50 kit lens for a while it is so much more compact than the Fuji standard zooms.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Pentax *ist D +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow