3rd Party R5 Battery Grip?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
bernie r Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: 3rd Party R5 Battery Grip?

landscaper1 wrote:

bernie r wrote:

landscaper1 wrote:

Has anyone seen a battery grip for the R5 from a 3rd party source? There's just no way I'm going to spend $300+ for a Canon R5 battery grip.

Might sound a little harsh but dude, you spent $4K on a camera, buy the battery grip if you want reliability... I also assume you haven't purchased a good CFExpress card either.

Bernie, your equipment list shows you obviously have the means to afford the kind of equipment I can't even afford to dream about ever getting. It might help if I explain a couple of things. First, I'm 75 and living on my monthly SS check. Second, the only reason I could afford the R5 was the $3000 I netted from the sale of my EOS R and 5Dsr.

Finally, my shooting style is very different from most folks. I'm spend more time thinking about my images and best positions than I do shooting. For example, in one shooting session with about 7 other serious photographers I managed to fire off about two dozen images while others mentioned anywhere from 150 to 200 each.

That's fair enough, it does leave me with one question though, why the R5 and not the R6? It would allow you to afford more lenses/'stuff'. I actually very rarely use the battery grip, only for the 500mm.

-- hide signature --

Camera:
Canon EOS R5
Canon RF 15-35 2.8
Canon RF 28-70 2
Canon EF 70-200 2.8
Canon RF 85 1.2
Canon EF 500 f/4 L IS II USM + 1.4X III
Other:
Gitzo Fluid Gimbal Head
Gitzo GT4543LS Systematic Series 4 Carbon eXact Long Tripod
Benro Mach3 TMA38CL Carbon Fibre Tripod
Benro G3 Ball Head
Canon Speedlite EL-1 Flash
Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI Flashgun
Gitzo Adventury 45L

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow