D7500 or z50

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OpticsEngineer Veteran Member • Posts: 7,158
Re: D7500 or z50

When I bought my Like New Z50 from KEH they all at once had about 15 to sell. So I was pretty sure they were actually new. And that is how it turned out. Everything new with original wrappings tapes etc. What obviously made it available at KEH was there Was a big scratch on one side of the box.

I have also bought stuff refurbished from Nikon. It is always repackaged in plain brown boxes. It is kind of a myth that gear gets a good checkout. I bought a Canon refurbished 70D some years ago and it had one button that did not work. So I am sure someone returned it because they found that problem. The camera worked. You could put in on auto and snap good pictures. One person who posted here on dpreview said he worked at a refurb center and that was all they did to evaluate cameras before repacking them. I just could not use the full functions of that camera.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Pentax *ist D +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow