24-105 or another lens ?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
altprocess
altprocess Forum Member • Posts: 90
Re: 24-105 or another lens ?

I agree with 1DX4me on all accounts. The 24-104 L is an excellent lens. I have not found it to be soft at all. It is possible that the other respondent got a "bad" copy of the lens. My copy is from 2010 which I purchased with the 5D mark ii. I bought my wife a refurbished SL3 from Canon and have bought other refurbished lenses, all of which continue to work great. I would go the refurbished route through Canon or purchase a used version through a reputable dealer such as KEH, B&H, or Adorama. At each of those places a certified technician evaluates the item. Especially with digital I would avoid purchasing from an individual who previously owned the camera. As for which body, I have never used any version of the 6D, but have used extensively the 5D ii and borrowed a 5D iii. I would also recommend looking at the 85mm (no L) as an excellent portrait lens. You could always add a 17-40 L latter on to cover the wide angle aspect.

altprocess's gear list:altprocess's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow