Complex masking in Capture One 14.3 (A7C + 20/1.8)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 11,926
Re: Complex masking in Capture One 14.3 (A7C + 20/1.8)

maltmoose wrote:

Its great. I just masked the sky with 2 simple strokes of the magic brush, then you can adjust highlights or saturation with ease. (it took me just as long to toggle the mask on and off..)

Not sure why this is directed to sony users though as its the same for all cameras.

A7C and 20/1.8 looks like a good combo and on my maybe list.

Because the shot was taken with a Sony camera. I have used a variety of cameras over the years and found that software usage wasn't always equally split across the makes I used.

Capture NX (was that the name??) with its control points for Nikon. Rawshooter Essentials too harsh for Nikon,  but ok for Canon files (20D). Lightroom a demi no-go for Fuji and then some swear by DX0 ... and old-schoolers might still be using Photoshop plus NIK.

Darktable seems to render some defaults as much-too-bright but some tinkerers love it.

I have used Sony cameras over the years, but haven't got a clue how people here tick, except that I have an inkling that Sony users here seem to have deeper pockets than users on other fora, including Leica and post less photos, but talk about acquisitions more. What software people here mainly use, I seriously have no idea.

No harm meant.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-Pro3 Sony a7C Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow