Your Motorsports shot's 4

Started Mar 2, 2020 | Discussions thread
NicholasD
NicholasD Contributing Member • Posts: 841
July vintage races - Road America

Road America has hosted 3 vintage races each year with the July event being one of the largest vintage races in the country (it started back in 1981 as a Ferrari Club of America meet). The event was last weekend and I hadn't attended in years. Some great cars and driving. Hot but dry. It was good to get back and see some familiar faces and old friends.

A representative sampling of single seaters, mostly historic F1 - will try to post more once I've had a chance to get through everything.

First lap of historic F1, exiting Turn 6. All these cars were well turned out and driven hard. And they all sounded great!

Probably the ultimate variant of the March GP. Gave Brambilla his only F1 win

Andretti's JPS. Groundbreaking and just a beautiful car - one of the best looking racing cars of all time, IMO.

JPS on the run out of 6. The right hand Turn 7 wasn't quite flat for these guys but you could definitely tell who was trying hard.....

More recent F1, this time from the inside of Turn 6. Late 90's Benetton and Jordan.

Another gorgeous car - ca 1977 Shadow F5000

On the run down to 7.

One of the nice things about this event (and vintage in general) is that the paddock is relatively open. You can get up close with all these cars and provided mechanics and engineers aren't scrambling, most will give 5 minutes of their time to talk cars. I'll try to post paddock images as well.  Watching these cars at arguably the best road course in the US was a lot of fun.

NicholasD's gear list:NicholasD's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D40 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
dav
dav
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow