M10ii AF question

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
olrett Regular Member • Posts: 214
M10ii AF question

The short version: I would like to have the equivalent of the G9's AFS (auto focus single, the one with the crosshair) on the M10ii. How do I achieve that?

The longer version: Been out shooting my new toy today with the Panasonic 30 mm macro. I was struggling trying to stop the focus from hunting all over the place, though. Tried AF+MF at first (thought that might do the trick) but as soon as I hit the shutter button everything went south.

Consequently turned off AF always on, and set the shutter not to focus at all. No crosshair that I could find, hence using single area. Still not what I was aiming for, so I ended up going all manual (a pain with the neverending focus ring on the lens).

By accident I seem to have set the Fn1 button as a kind of BBF. For some reason that works like the NEAR AF on the G9, and it does indeed jump to where I'd like it to and does focus.

Ah, forgot to mention that I have updated the camera to firmware 1.4 (was at 1.2).

I think my main issue is that I don't speak Olympus yet. Although I seem to communicate a bit better with my TG-6.

olrett's gear list:olrett's gear list
Olympus TG-6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +10 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow