Local wildlife, Owls, birds, etc...

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 5,123
Local wildlife, Owls, birds, etc...

I wanted to share a few pictures from my local neighborhood and parks taken on two different days, and one from July. Half the pictures are of owls at my local park, where I ride my bike every day, since I see them every time I go there. All the other pictures were taken from my neighborhood.

While riding my bike for fun and excercise, I also like to do a little fishing, and once in a while stop and take a few pictures of things that catch my eye. First, I will start off with the burrowing owl pictures, then a few others I thought might be of interest.

Here is one with very dark eyes. Some of these burrowing owls have a genetic condition turning their eyes from yellow, to very dark grey.

Same bird from a different direction. A very young owl.

One of the older parents.

Another shot of one of the dark eyed owlets.

This one has normal looking yellow eyes.

Close to its nest.

Now... for other birds and stuff.

I was getting off my bike to do some fishing when I saw this happening. I had to grab my camera as fast as I could to try and get a shot of it.

This was my next shot, just in time. After that, the toad was gone. Oh well, at least I got two shots.

One of the many birds who always like to hang out on this water fountain float at the park. I've seen up to 7 turtles on this same float.

A white Ibis, just hanging out in a tree.

Two more on the same tree.

This guy was walking around the lake shooting iguanas! It looks like he has a high powered 22 cal pellet rifle with a scope and sound suppressor on the barrel. I have a similar rifle. There are people that have a license that do the same thing for money. The iguanas are simply getting way out of control where I live. That red thing on the left was a flower. I had to take the shot quick, before he disappeared.

Like I said, I do stop and go fishing while riding my bike. This is an Asian Snakehead fish I caught in July. They are also the best fighting and eating fish I have ever caught, by far!

As usual, any comments, critique, or questions are alway welcome. Thanks for looking!

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow