Not only good for birding, the SEL200600!

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
philzucker
philzucker Veteran Member • Posts: 9,487
Not only good for birding, the SEL200600!

Getting some more practice with my  SEL200600. With my second copy I now find the focusing to be very reliable in all situations. So I'm starting to just use & enjoy this fine lens, without any apprehension about the outcome.

Here a few pics from a evening light walk I took yesterday:

#1: Freshly harvested corn field:

#2: Some remaining corn stalks at the border of the field - I used AF-C, small spot, to selectively get the focus plane I wanted (really easy and reliable to do).

#3: Flower combo - I really like the color rendition of the lens, and again it's ability to easily concentrate on a single focus plane with smoothly rendered back- and foregrounds at 600mm for subjects like these:

#4: The triplets - nice background separation at 485mm:

#5: Against the sun - flare resistance is really exceptional in situations like those, nothing to complain about here. The hood was on of course:

And resolution is also very nice - as an afterthought here a 1:1 crop of two of the tiny insects flying near the plant in the evening light from the pic above (moved closer together for better viewing):

#6: Nice detail on this sunflower at 600mm:

#7: And okay, it of course is also good for birds. A crop from a shot taken at 200mm. It's really not easy to follow those sparrows, especially if a whole flock of them is flying excitedly  & really quickly around:

Phil

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow